Thursday, November 22, 2012

Areri’s Proven and Tested DIY’s and Remedies ^_^


I tend to be very low end. Like, I own a very cheap but reliable Android phone, which costs 1/4 of a new Galaxy smartphone. I Like bargains and thrift shops. I have been looking for a dress for a relative’s wedding in December and I passed by this Ukay-Ukay (second-hand clothes store in the Philippines) and I found a frock for P100.00 which was about $2.00. Problem solved. All I need to take care of is my husband’s outfit and Shinchan’s. Ali will need a polo shirt and Shinchan needs a cute and well-fitting barong! I love improvising because sometimes, it’s either I don’t have money for it or I am just plain lazy to go out to buy something.
 
I like using calamansi or lemon as my deodorant. Girls like to whiten or to tone their underarms and ads can be deceiving like, in 7 days, you’ll get whiter underarms. They don’t always happen. I stopped my vanity for that though. But I always run out of Rexona Deo-White and thank God, the kitchen always have a few calamansis. One piece of it lasts for a week if you fridge it. Woila, instant deodorant. Trust me, it works. I don’t smell myself sweaty. Another tip: If you go out more, try Calamansi with tawas potassium alum).
 
I also run out of my favorite lipstick every once in a while. What I keep is almost unused eye-shadow box. I use the pinkish one and add a dab petroleum jelly on it. I just hope that’s not bad.
For my gift wrapping papers, I just made origami boxes using colorful magazine hard covers. My sister in law also taught me how to make paper bags. I made a bunch using black and white magazine pages and some colorful ones. So when I buy my gifts, I can just slid them in and just tape them. No need to buy gift wrappers. It’s personal and environment friendly.
 
Hmm.. I can’t think of anything else. But those help me a lot.

No comments: